Central Library is housed in a magnificent, 110-year-old, Grade II listed building in what is now Middlesbrough’s Centre Square.
It offers an imaginative and creative space for everyone, with weekly children’s activities and special events during the school holidays.
And there are computer classes and reading clubs for all ages.
It has a wide range of books available to borrow, as well as a reference library.
It was opened in 1912 following a generous donation by Dr. Andrew Carnegie and an offer of land owned by Sir Hugh Bell and by Alderman Hinton JP.