Ecofest is a brand new FREE family-friendly festival in Middlesbrough for eco champions of all ages. The green day out will include family activities and challenges to become an Eco Champion.
Activities by location:
- Seed by Pif-Paf is a family-friendly, highly visual theatre show. The story of one man’s struggle to plant the last acorn in a world over-run with giant slugs! Performances in Centre Square at 12.30pm and 3pm.
Family workshops including:
- Woodland themed crafts
- Make your own Diwali paper lantern, ready to take part in the Diwali parade
- Baby beach cleaning fun with National Childbirth Trust
Middlesbrough Central Library (10am to 12pm & 1pm to 3pm)
- Swap your seeds at the seed library or plant your own cress seeds.
- Decorate a plant pot or a bird / bee house.
- Have fun in the sensory tent.
- Take part in the LEGO eco challenge.
- Make your own musical instrument from recycled materials with Musinc.
Library Green (outside Central Library)
- Make a green pledge and add it to the wishing tree.
- Book swap with Middlesbrough Reads.
Linthorpe Road and Corporation Road crossroads
- Market from local suppliers – food, drink, secondhand and vintage clothes rail and other eco delights.
- Mother Nature walkabout, including children’s recycling games and natural gifts. Performances at 11am, 12.30pm and 2.15pm.
Cleveland Centre shopping centre
- Help to build a replica of Middlesbrough from recycled cardboard boxes with PEG Creations
Hill Street shopping centre
- Thrift Jack printing press fun.
Middlesbrough Bus Station (Green Hub)
- Ecoshop – Middlesbrough Environment City are fighting food waste and stopping surplus food going to landfill – 10 items for £2. Please bring your own bag.
- Climate Action Middlesbrough (CAM) aims to facilitate reductions in Middlesbrough’s carbon footprint and encourage a change towards more sustainable lifestyles.
- Rooted in Nature – supporting wellbeing with advice, care, guidance, and nature-based activities to help improve wellness. Plant your own ‘seeds of hope’ to take home.
Lazy Joe’s – 112 Borough Road
- Vintage fashion and accessories #SecondhandSeptember